Ruth Phillips Death- The WFFD was called to 4106 Kingsbury Drive at 10:02 a.m. for a structure fire, according to Assistant Fire Marshal Jody Ashlock. Station five firefighters discovered a female victim inside the front door and carried her to the front yard. When the woman was rescued from the structure, she was discovered to be dead.
Texoshomepage in about 30 minutes, the fire was out. According to Ashlock, the fire started in the living room and destroyed around 75% of the house.
According to Ashlock, the fire was started by the victim smoking while using an oxygen concentrator. The concentrator was in another room, and the oxygen line was put on the floor heading into the victim’s den.
Ruth Phillips, 76, was recognized as the deceased woman discovered inside the house. Phillips was the only person who lived in the residence.
Two firefighters got minor burns while extinguishing the fire, according to Ashlock. The structure of the house was damaged for around $75,000.00, and the contents were damaged for $10,000.00.