Rio Linda Fire: Large Junkyard fire in Sacramento, CA, today

Rio Linda Fire: Large Junkyard fire in Sacramento, CA, today

Sacramento Fire Incident Today – Multiple crews are responding to a large junkyard fire today Friday, August 5th, 2022. Authorities say a fire is currently raging in a junkyard near Rio Linda. The fire is releasing a significant amount of smoke in a dark color that can be seen for miles away. The Sacramento Metro Fire District reports that the fire is currently located in the vicinity of 6815 W 6th Street. It is still unknown whether any structures are in danger from the fire. No evacuation order have been issued for resident in the W 6th Street area at this time.

*****Sacramento County code enforcement officer helps children out of burning home*****

According to the authorities, a code enforcement officer for Sacramento County helped four children and their grandmother escape their burning home on Wednesday. The officer notified them of the danger and assisted them in doing so. A code enforcement officer named Gennadiy Marmuenko was quoted as saying, “This is not generally what I do, but everything else being equal, I just felt like I ought to hurry in and provide assistance.” According to Marmuenko, he works in the neighborhood daily, and he was making a turn to travel to his next appointment when he observed smoke coming from the house located at 8401 Stevenson Avenue.

According to him, probation officials who were working in the vicinity hurried over to assist as well. “When we glanced at the house, we noticed that there was fire pouring from the top of the structure. We can hear sounds coming from within the house, and we also saw children standing in the entranceway looking startled “Marmuenko added.

According to Metro Fire, the blaze momentarily posed a threat to the neighboring vacant home; however, the flames caused only damage to the exterior wall of the property.  According to what he said, Marmuenko was present when the homeowner, John Xiong, came. Investigators were able to determine that a faulty electrical cable that was linked to the family’s chicken coop was the cause of the incident, according to a representative for Sacramento Metro Fire. Seven persons who were forced to flee their homes as a result of the fire are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.

News from snbc13.com

Ads Blocker Image Powered by Code Help Pro

Ads Blocker Detected!!!

We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling these ads blocker.

Powered By
100% Free SEO Tools - Tool Kits PRO