SUFFOLK, Va. — Fire officials responded to a structure fire in a two-story home in Suffolk. According to reports, a six-person family is attempting to locate alternate housing after their two-story home in Suffolk caught fire early on Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
Incident officials reported that the fire started at a home in the 1000 Block of Mill Pond Court at around 1:20 in the morning. That is next to Mack Benn, Jr. Elementary School and off Nansemond Parkway. The two-story house was heavily on fire when emergency personnel got on the site. By the time the firefighters came, all six inhabitants had already left the house.
Investigators discovered that a candle that mistakenly fell started the fire. In the end, it spread through the entire house. Three animals were rescued from the burning house while firefighters worked to put out the fire. According to officials, the attic, first, and second floors have all sustained significant fire damage.
According to Fire Chief Michael Barakey, it took a lot of lines and a lot of firefighters getting water on the fire but were able to put out the fire pretty quick. The Red Cross is working to help the victims.
*Fire crews from across the county responded to a flat fire*
Fire crews from across Suffolk and Essex responded to a flat fire in Ipswich on July 12, 2021. More than twenty fire appliances were mobilized to the incident on Yeoman Close along with the police and ambulance service. Road closures was implemented by Suffolk Police officers in the vicinity of Yeoman Close and Yarmouth Road, and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service advised residents to stay away from the area.
Following a call at 1:58 pm, fire trucks from Ipswich East, Woodbridge, Princes Street, Holbrook, Felixstowe, Needham Market, Hadleigh, and Haverhill, as well as two from Essex, were dispatched to the location. More appliances that serve as relief workers was also sent to the scene of the accident.