David Layman Death West Palm Beach FL – David Layman, a shareholder in the Real Estate Practice of international law firm Greenberg Traurig has passed away tragically. West Palm Beach Lawyer David Layman also known to many as David Michael Layman was announced dead on Friday, the 29th of September 2023. He died from a heart attack just 3 weeks after having such a good time at the PRP class of 73 50-year reunion.
Who was David Layman?
David Michael Layman was a shareholder at the international law firm Greenberg Traurig in their Real Estate Practice and boasts an impressive track record. He has earned a consistent spot in The Best Lawyers in America’s listings since 2010 and has received the prestigious title of “West Palm Beach Lawyer of the Year” in real estate law from Best Lawyers in both 2016 and 2010.
Layman specializes in guiding in various real estate domains, including development, investment, condominium matters, structural considerations, and compliance with land use regulations. In addition to his legal career, Layman plays an active role in the community. He serves as a board member for HomeSafe, an organization dedicated to assisting abused and neglected children.
His dedication to HomeSafe led to him being honored with the Pro Bono Award for Non-profit Law by the Legal Aid Society in 2008 when he served as the board president. Furthermore, Layman and his colleagues at Greenberg Traurig were recognized as HomeSafe Heroes for their pro bono contributions, which have significantly aided the organization’s mission to support abused and neglected children in Palm Beach County.
Layman has also served as a board member for St. George’s Center Inc., an organization that provides over 100,000 meals annually to the homeless population in Riviera Beach. His academic achievements include graduating with honors from the University of Florida and the Levin College of Law. During his time at the Levin College of Law, Layman held the position of chief tax editor at the Law Review and served as vice president of Florida Blue Key.
Recognition & Leadership
Awards & Accolades
- Listed, South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyer,” 2020-2021
- Listed as the Best Lawyers in America
Real Estate Law, 2010-2024
Environmental Law, 2023-2024
Litigation – Environmental, 2023-2024
“Lawyer of the Year” in Real Estate Law, West Palm Beach, 2010 and 2016
- Team Member, Chambers & Partners USA Real Estate Law Firm of the Year, 2010, 2013, 2017-2018, and 2022
- Listed, Boca Raton Observer, “Top Lawyers,” 2022-2023
- Recognized, Palm Beach Illustrated, “Top Lawyers,” 2018, 2020-2023
- Team Member, a U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, “Law Firm of the Year” in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, a Law360 “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year,” 2011-2013, 2015, and 2022
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, “Top Tier” Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
- Recipient, “Pro Bono Award” for Nonprofit Law, Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society, 2008
- Listed, Leading American Attorneys
- Listed, Who’s Who in America
- Listed, Who’s Who in American Law
- Listed, Who’s Who in the South and Southwest
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5.0
Obituary and Funeral arrangements for David Layman have not been made by the family.
News from SNBC13.com