Bernie Madoff’s sister’s death – Sondra Wiener who was a sister to known Ponzi Scheme Madoff has died, APNews reported. Sondra and her husband Marvin were found dead in what was considered a murder-suicide.
87-year-old Sondra Wiener of Boynton Beach and her 90-year-old husband, Marvin were identified by The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The couple were found dead with gunshot wounds in Florida.
Sondra Wiener and Marvin Wiener Dead and Obituary
When authorities arrived, they found the couple unresponsive with gunshot wounds Thursday afternoon inside their residence.
“Detectives from the Violent Crimes Division arrived on scene to investigate further. After further investigation it appears to be a murder/suicide,” the Sheriff’s Office statement said.
Who is Bernie Madoff?
Madoff is well-known for conducting a gigantic Ponzi scheme that devastated people’s finances and charities. He was sentenced to 150 years in jail after pleading guilty to fraud and other offenses in 2009, and he died in prison last year at the age of 82.
- Born: April 29, 1938, Queens, New York, NY
- Died: April 14, 2021, FMC Butner, Bahama, NC
- Spouse: Ruth Madoff (m. 1959–2021)
- Children: Mark Madoff, Andrew Madoff
- Grandchildren: Audrey Madoff, Anne Madoff, Daniel Madoff, Kate Madoff, Emily Madoff, Nicholas Madoff
- Education: Hofstra University (1960), Far Rockaway High School (1956), The University of Alabama, Brooklyn Law School