International students can apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023, which is completely supported. This scholarship can be used to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at one of Germany’s leading universities. Monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates are covered by DAAD scholarships.
If you want to study in Germany on a scholarship, you should read this article. Because in this post, we will go over everything there is to know about the DAAD scholarship 2022, including its perks and how to apply.
Experts who are well-trained and connected to foreign partners play a vital role in their countries’ long-term growth. They are the best hope for a brighter future for everyone, with less poverty, more education, and better health. The DAAD encourages the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree, as well as a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Summary of DAAD Scholarships
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the
- chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
Scholarships from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The following are the benefits of the DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD students in Germany:
- Monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctorate candidates, depending on academic level.
- Unless the expenses are covered by the home nation or another source of support, a travel allowance is required.
- Insurance premiums for health, accident, and personal liability.
Allowance for one-time study.
Scholarship recipients may be eligible for the following additional advantages in certain circumstances:
- Rent assistance on a monthly basis.
- Contribution to the university’s possible tuition costs (maximum € 500.- per semester).
DAAD Scholarship 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD studies in Germany:
English or German are required languages.
- The language of instruction for international programs is English. An English language certificate, such as the TOEFL or IELTS, is frequently necessary.
- The language of instruction for other programs is German. A German language certificate, such as DSH or TestDaF, is frequently necessary.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree (typically a four-year program) or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Candidates must have at least two years of experience in their field.
- Candidates must have development-related motivation and will be required to assume social responsibility and initiate and support change processes in their personal and professional environments following their training/scholarship.
What is the procedure for applying for a DAAD Scholarship in 2022?
Please follow the steps below to apply for a DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD programs in Germany in 2022:
Is it possible to apply for more than one DAAD scholarship?
You have the option of applying for up to three courses. Please indicate courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the appropriate application form if you are applying to more than one course!
Documents Required for DAAD Scholarship:
- DAAD application form signed and current
- With current date, personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/).
- With current date, personally sign a Letter of Motivation (with reference to present occupation and postgraduate program(s) of choice, two pages maximum).
- IMPORTANT: If you are applying for more than one postgraduate course (up to three), you must submit a single motivation letter describing why you are applying for these specific courses and why you choose that priority.
- A letter of recommendation from your current job; the letter must be on letterhead, include a signature and an official stamp, and be recent (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) at the time of application, demonstrating a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) and, if feasible, a promise of re-employment from your current employer upon return home.
- Proof of Language Proficiency:
- IELTS or TOEFL for English (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German is required for German-taught courses.
- Academic Degrees on Copies of Copies of Copies of Copies of Copies of (certified translation if necessary)
- Academic Transcripts, including grading scales (If necessary, a certified translation)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China must present an APS Certificate along with their application materials.
Note that some courses may necessitate the submission of extra documentation. Please consult the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites for more information. To be considered, comprehensive applications must be submitted in English or German.
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!